As an employer or business owner, you’ll want the very best staff equipped to handle areas of the business they have been employed and skilled in. However, you will also need employees that are motivated and ready to solve challenges that may come their way with confidence and determination. The question is where exactly do you find such hard working and affordable staff? Answer: Via Apprenticeship schemes!
Here are just a number of reasons why you should hire an apprentice!
- Get funded! By taking on an apprentice aged 16-24 you can gain £1,500 in funding. To see if you’re eligible for the grant click here.
- Training apprentices produces workers with skills that are not available on the external jobs market, allowing your business to shape your workers into precisely the right people for the job.
- Apprentices can provide a business with fresh and innovative solutions to business challenges within the sector which is vital to help a business remain competitive and relevant in its market.
- Do your bit for the economy! Taking on a young person and training them up will help to tackle youth unemployment and they can provide a boost for your own business during the economic downturn.
- Apprentices are generally keen to get stuck in, prove themselves and learn as much as possible which can bring a fresh boost to your company and provide renowned motivation to your workforce.
- Investing time and money in the apprentices will allow them to feel motivated, valued and grateful to join a skilled team. This then increases their likelihood to remain with your company to fulfill their long-term prospects.
Facts & figures
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
- 76% say that Apprenticeships provide higher overall productivity
- 83% of employers rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- 88% believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
If you’re interested on taking on an apprentice but you’re not sure on how to go about it, then get in contact with us here at Opportunities Workshop. We can help you find the perfect candidate for the role! Call us: 01473 857140 or, alternatively email: email@example.com